Subject+Verb+2 Objects - Grammar gym

Subject + Verb + 2 Objects



In this pattern, the verb takes two objects.
 


Examples :        I sent him a letter.
                         (= I sent a letter to him.)

                         He gave me a stamp.
                         (= He gave a stamp to me.)


EXERCISE 17   Re-write the following sentences.  Follow the above examples.

1.            Mother bought a pen for me.

2.            He asked a question of me.

3.            I told a story to her.

4.            My sister made a doll for me.

5.            She ordered a cake for us.


6.            He brought the file to me.

7             I lent ten dollars to her.

8.            He threw the ball to me.

9.            The boy handed the bag to me.

10.          Miss Lee sang a song for us.

11.          I wrote a full report to them.

12.          Mr. Chan taught Chinese to us.




Answers     EXERCISE 17   (Page 23)


1. Mother bought me a pen.       2. He asked me a question.       3. I told her a story.       4. My sister made me a doll.       5. She ordered us a cake.       6. He brought me the file.       7. I lent her ten dollars.       8. He threw  me the ball.       
9. The boy handed me the bag.       10. Miss Lee sang us a song.       11. I wrote them a full report.       12. Mr. Chan taught us Chinese.


Want to write correctly, free from grammatical mistakes! See here

Want to have the copyright of grammar gym exercises! Contact us

Amazon hot items






















留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Subject+Verb+Noun/Pronoun+Bare infinitive - Grammar gym

The Past Tense - Grammar gym

The Present Continuous Tense - Grammar gym